GULF OIL DISASTER
Watch, share, spread the word - get in the streets:
100 Days of Outrage!
Demands 100 Actions!
….Cities, Towns, Communities…
Globally - because the environment has no borders!
Because the oil gusher may not be capped
Because 100-200 million gallons of oil & 2 million of dispersants still foul the Gulf
Because wetlands, shores, wild and marine life are still threatened
Because peoples' health still isn't protected
Because the truth is still not out
Because oil companies and government still want to "drill, baby, drill"
Because we're not stopping until the well is sealed and the Gulf is healed
On This Day - Stand up publicly.
• Organize a demonstration or speak out
• Spread the word so others take action
• Hold signs and banners on street corners
• Organize an event with a scientist, person directly affected, etc.
• Hang banners
• Have children write letters to Gulf fisher-people
• Dramatize the catastrophe with street theater
• Host a prayer service or vigil for the Gulf
• Write a letter to your local newspaper/take out an ad
• Call talk radio shows to express your outrage
• Host a bike ride carrying signs through town
• Leaflet your work/neighborhood with our mission statement
• Host a fundraiser for The Emergency Committee to Stop the Gulf Oil Disaster
• Group viewing of video from the Emergency Summit
• Call the press to get coverage. (Imagine if on this day all over the world the people's response is headline news.)
• One person with a sign is an action!
• Use your imagination and creativity to show the world this is not tolerable! surprise us!
Send us your plan of action and we will post info about your even on the 100 days webpage on our site. Take pictures on that day and send them to us, with a brief report if possible.